Our school’s Health Care Assistant, Laura Hazell, is here to support parents/ carers with any physical and mental health concerns they may have about their child. Laura can be contacted directly via email to help support and signpost you to the necessary advice you may need. Please email laura.hazell@westhavenschool for further contact and advice.
The following advice has been drawn from both government guidelines and NHS advice:
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
● shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent
● one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of
● any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
● travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
Please find separate advice regarding the following:
Advice for people in a high-risk category –
Further self-isolating advice –
How to stop infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
● wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
● use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
● wash your hands as soon as you get back home
● cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or
● put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
What to do if you need medical help
If you need medical help for any reason, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the 111 coronavirus service.
Other healthcare areas I happy to talk to you about:
● Mental health support for pupils
● Head lice
I am happy to discuss any other healthcare concerns you may have about your child. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further support.