Breakfast Club takes place every morning between 8.30 and 8.45 am and juice, toast, beans, cheese and cereals are available. There is currently no charge for breakfast.
Lunch is prepared on the premises and served in the school hall. Dinner money is collected of the first day of each week for the whole week. Arrangements can be made for students requiring a special diet for health or religious reasons. Students may bring packed lunches if they prefer, to be eaten in the hall. Please ensure any drinks are stored in unbreakable containers. Packed lunches should include a well-balanced lunch with no fizzy drinks. All students remain on the premises at lunchtimes. There are a variety of activities available for all students at lunchtimes, these may include: quiet games, “chill out” club, watching a DVD, reading, computer games or activities in the ICT room.
School lunches cost £2.15 / child and £2.25 / adult each day and are provided by Edward & Ward Ltd.
Any child attending a North Somerset school whose parents or carers receive one or more of these benefits is entitled to receive free meals at school:
- child tax credit, provided your annual income as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs does not exceed £16,190. If you receive working tax credit you will not be entitled unless you’re in receipt of a four-week run-on
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- income support
- income-based job seekers allowance
- income-related employment support allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999