Monday 23rd March 2020
To our whole school community,
In the event of this national crisis, we have decided to remove our front page temporarily to ensure you can navigate this site with ease.
All of the things that will support you with home learning are available on our platform.
• Google Classroom – your teachers are online (unless they are teaching most the most in need at school) to guide your learning.
• We will be using Google Hangouts Chat and Hangouts Meet to discuss learning topics and deliver lessons online. Further instructions will follow on how to use these systems.
• Your normal class team will be online. All the staff are there for you.
• There are printable worksheets for you to use.
• Lots of online learning tabs are linked into our Online Learning Platform.
• Our PSA’s are there for you and will also be doing regular check in’s by phone for those most in need.
• Our Intervention teacher will be also available via the platform to help you with learning tips.
The Online Learning Platform is being continually built upon to support you at home. Keep checking regularly!
Today we have circulated all the work packs that were required by parents. This now has to become a limited resource for those who really need them as we move to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable. Westhaven staff and parents have donated food for ‘food parcels’ – Thank you everyone. All food packs requested have now been delivered. If you are desperate for food, please contact Sarah Tuttiett and Kirsty Garrett on the PSA section of our platform. They may be able to give you a code for the foodbank, however please be aware that the foodbank has very, very limited supplies at this time. We will be donating our left over food to the foodbank at the end of today.
Today our team have cared for those children most in need, have delivered medicines home to families, delivered food parcels and delivered student work packs around the county.
Please be aware that as from tomorrow, we will be running a skeleton team using a rota, this is to meet both the needs of the most vulnerable children and those children who have parents falling into the ‘key worker’ group. It has also been put in place to protect our staff as far as practicable by reducing their contact with others to ensure their safety and that we can continue to provide this much needed service.
I cannot stress highly enough that to keep your child, your family, your community and society at large safe, please keep your child at home and keep all public contact and movement to an absolute minimum.
I would like to end this front page statement today by publically thanking our brave, committed and hardworking staff team. They are awesome and this work truly is their vocation. They have given over and above beyond all expectations and we are honoured to have them at Westhaven School.
Keep safe everyone.
All my best wishes,
Ms T Towler